This is an official website of the Government of the Dominican Republic This is how you can tell

DR Film Incentives Application Requirements



Transferable Tax Credit


The Expenses

Must be incurred by Dominican tax payers. Foreign producers should:

  1. Engage the services of a local production company that is registered at the Film Commission, or
  2. Constitute a company in the DR, register at the Dominican Chamber of Commerce, as a national taxpayer and as production company at the Film Commission.

Shooting Permit (SP)

Mandatory shooting permit is issued by the Film Commission.

Foreign producers must write a letter addressed to the film commissioner of the Dominican Republic requesting the SP and expressing their intention to apply for the transferable tax credit.

Qualified Labor*

Foreign productions must comply with the 25% minimum Dominican personnel requirements

*The Film Commission has the ability to adjust this percentage as deemed necessary.

Scroll al inicio